View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 AM
suziehammond

Default Challenges for all

Originally Posted by cindynvb View Post
We could all post some suggestions and any one who is interested could vote. I'm really busy using up scraps and finish ing ufos, but would like to practice my art quilting skills.
I'm thinking I should choose a size/format so that one decision is made and they will look good hanging together.
How did everyone do theirs before?
Mainly I posted a topic or idea ie; 'express the weather outside this month', or 'use a majority of colors in your scrap bag and depict some aspect of your home - a small or large object, the floorplan, the entryway...' etc. Usually works were any size but my pet theme is to try and have someone who looks at an art Q of mine feel something. So I would make my criteria as above. Absolutely not necessary of course and others in the group were more flexible with their experimentations. ie; Use purples and work must include circles and be 14 x 20 or larger. These are always a fun stretch to just 'do-it' without needed an overall theme to express.

So just post anything you have in mind and see if anyone else wants to play. I do suggest a deadline tho or topics drag on forever and never get done--so one month is just about enough tyranny usually for experiments. When you get into work you have heart and soul invested in then a longer time is usually needed.

So post whatever is on your mind. And hopefully others will do the same and a great deal can be learned.
I started this thread so we could work out on new skills and ideas plus giving each other ideas of how to achieve various effects.

I stopped as I have an international art show to participate in at the end of this year and so needed more than a month for an experiment and coming up with topics for others and time for this thread were running low. But do go for it-------please I want to come back when the show is done.

Meantime here is my latest work........ Dragon's Tongue (this is a special real type of tornado that is a spontaneous fire)
Attached Thumbnails shammondfull1.jpg   shammonddetail2.jpg