Old 02-10-2014, 07:58 AM
RugosaB

I got to thinking, there are so many that maybe making each of my 3 kids a quilt of some sort using them would work out too. To be given to them when they are older of course, or marked with their name and left in my estate LOL
I have 3 quilts from her that are saved for them

As you might be able to tell, I'm big on 'family history' and kind of feel like I'm just the keeper of things, just to be passed on to future generations. What they do with them is up to them, but I feel obligated to do my part.

This is totally not quilt related, but it's Grandma related:
When she died she had a chest in her basement that had a scrapbook of all the newspaper clippings she thought were important to her at the time (as a kid and a young adult) and another scrapbook full of valentines she had received as a kid and young woman. This woman was in her 80's in the early 80's, so these cards are quite old.

There are many many photos of her on her honeymoon, and with my fil when he was little, for example in his pedal car, etc. Her first husband, my husband's grandfather, had a coal company that she took over when he died as a young husband. I have a photo, 8 x 10 that seems to be professionally done, of her standing in front of the company's sign. Priceless

I can tell she was a keeper too, we have my fil's collection of banks from when he was a kid that she kept, and his child sized rolltop desk and chair. Even his wire rimmed glasses!

When he was 10, my fil supposedly caused the car accident that killed his father. She never had another child, though she did remarry. You know, I should write all this down

I knew her for 3 years before she died, we were on our way to becoming good friends.

I really really treasure all of this, I can only hope they will continue to be treasured by future generations, with a few of my own creations added in.