View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM
rfbrazell

Default Hey there Chief

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Hello all. It's been a bit since I have posted anything, honestly, I don't know where the time goes.

Robert, thanks for posting your picture with your new hair-do, it's good too put a face with the talent, although I had you all wrong, which is normal for me. For some reason I always "envision" people I talk or communicate with and in all may years have never been close! I have a pretty good imagination, I can come up with a story to tell a child in the blink of an eye so you'd think I could be a little closer with picturing people. Anyway, you look much younger than your years so you are definitely doing something right! And I love the wonky little house block and the country church. You are fabulouso!

I'm going to pm TheMamaHauser. I put her block in the mail yesterday, if I can trust what the postal service they said Thursday, but going from Michigan to Montana, I'll bet it will be more like Saturday. She wanted black, white and gray, I had whites, some blacks but nothing gray and I didn't like the way my blacks were contrasting so that meant off to the quilt shop. (Like I need an excuse to go!). Black and whites are always striking but not really me. Well, I absolutely love the way her block came out, I found two lovely gray and charcoal prints that I put with a black and bright white. As always, I hope she enjoys what I created - I'm always nervous until I get a confirmation it was ok.
Thanks for the compliment L. I never thought I would get old, I still think I'm 20 something....lol
but my body is catching up to the brain..... My wife and grandkids keep me going....Ashley (GD) is 11 and keeps getting me to get up and move around, and my wife wants to walk everyday.....oh my. I know it's good for me, but the knees and hip want to also walk, but they can't get it done.....LOL
I'm working on a new quilt "Royal Oriental Medallions". I finally doing something for me....Ha Ha.
Roberto