Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Cindy1234

Default Not Very Deep Wall Storage Ideas..please?

My sewing room is pretty large, around 13 x 14. With a Longarmer taking up half and a sewing table and a cutting table and one book case, that is all the floor space I can take up. The walls are broken up by windows, closet, double doors and the ends of the longarmer so most of the rooms wall space is non-useable. But I'm thinking about vertical wall storage on the useable spaces I have..I'm tall so I can go pretty high up.....it has to be storage that doesnt stick out too far from the wall for sure no more than 12 inches.. for rulers, fabrics etc. I have a lot of larger pieces of fabric and I've considered hanging curtain rods along the wall and hanging the fabrics folded on them so as to clear off my bookcase..I'd be able to see what I have as well as hang pieced tops and backings etc. That would only stick out a few inches from the wall..any ideas and photos on ways to use wall space that doesnt stick out too far into the room would be appreciated. The bookcase is holding everything in a big pile.