View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM
CarolynMT

I would say set your price and stick with it, take the opportunity to teach the shoppers what goes into making them. The materials and time, also dont be afraid to discuss the skill involved. No need to compare yourself to others. Value your own work and own your price. No one else is going to value your work if you do not value it. It does take skill, time, effort and materials to make a beautiful quilt. Anyone wanting to buy one should understand that. So educate! You may not sell any, or you might sell them all. But you will have educated everyone who asked.

If shoppers say "well mary over there sells hers for $XX less than yours" Just smile at them and say yes you noticed. Here is how I priced my work...... and then explain the cost of materials, the cost of labor, the cost of skill, etc. Focus only on your work not anyone elses.

I am a firm believer that until WE as artisans start valuing our work for what it truly costs, then we cant expect others to value our art for what it costs.