View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Tink's Mom

[QUOTE=CarolynMT;6567408]I would say set your price and stick with it, take the opportunity to teach the shoppers what goes into making them. The materials and time, also dont be afraid to discuss the skill involved. No need to compare yourself to others. Value your own work and own your price. No one else is going to value your work if you do not value it. It does take skill, time, effort and materials to make a beautiful quilt. Anyone wanting to buy one should understand that. So educate! You may not sell any, or you might sell them all. But you will have educated everyone who asked.

Well said!
I have done craft shows for many years....and my price is my price...unless I decide there is a discount.
Yes, some of my competition is priced lower...a couple higher. I tell customers that ask why higher to look at the quality of the fabric and quality of the finished product and then decide where they want to buy.
For a couple of years one of my competition would lower the price of her baby bibs if she saw I was in the show.
I'm sure she wasn't making any profit.