Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 PM
4dogs

I have a stack of cat litter buckets from Sam's that hold various color scraps...like, a red bucket, a blue one, etc and I also have one that is kid scraps, one that is 5" and 6" blocks, and I use the plastic boxes that Sams cookies come in...I have them marked b y scrap sizes....2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2 squares.........I also have one for stripes by sizes, 2 in, 3 in, etc..I try to cut up my scraps as they accumulate, so I dont end up with a pile of stuff........I use pill bottles for sharps that are for the trash - I love the week long medication holders for holding bobbins.....since I have several machines, each pill holder has the machine name on it, so I know which holder to get for whichever machine I am using(found these at the dollar store) , I use the half bushel size baskets (from the farmers market) to hold things like "orphan blocks" and "panels fabrics" and things in progress -I have 2 plastic milk crate boxes that hold the "yuk" fabrics - you know, the kind that is too heavy for quilts or too thin - I use these for the dog shelter (use the thin fabric for the batting inside the heavy fabric beds) - I have my thread spools in a large , round flat cookie tin - I keep all the scissors in a paper covered coffee can (2 pd size) - I saved a few pretty jars that had Pepper Jelly and I use those for small things, all lined up on a shelf they look pretty......I have 2 large electrosol dishwasher powder buckets that I use as trash cans..one for real trash and one for bits of fabric, stuffing, etc that I use for stuffing kitty mats for the shelter - I use loose leaf notebooks (from thrift stores, usually for 50 cents to a dollar) for holding all the quilt patterns I get from on line sites - this is way too long, so I need to hush....this is such a good topic ..we all have things the others of us can use......