View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:20 AM
ragquilter

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
visit the 'QuiltsforSale.ca' website. you can browse through a few hundred listings and see what other's are pricing their quilts for--and see the ones that have sold- how much they actually get for them. I've been selling quilts on this site for 3 or 4 years now and have been very happy. also, when 'boutique' selling- you may find it in your best interest to have one or two of your quilts appraised by an 'American Quilters Society' certified appraiser. (around here it costs about $50 to have a quilt appraised) once you have a couple *in writing* appraisals you can show prospective customers a real (in black & white) value for your quilts. and it may surprise you how much they are actually worth. that appraisal also comes in handy for insurance purposes. an appraisal is well worth the cost.
That is such a great idea, thank you. I would have never thought of that. I don't and probably never will make big quilts with intricate detail due to physical limitations. I make simple designs and stay in the lap quilt size but I may even do that with a couple later.