Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Sibi

Hello everyone. Just a quick update on my mom. I am still in Florida. I was supposed to fly back home today but I cancelled my flight and don't know when I'll be going home yet. While in the hospital last week my mom would get a little better than go down again. Then they'd fix one thing and it seemed that she was out of the woods and something else would go wrong. A tube was inserted into my moms right lung to drain infected fluid from her lung and all the fluid was drained out after much pain and suffering only to have the pulmonologist tell her that they had found infected fluid in her left lung that needed to be drained. She put a stop to it. She cannot take the pain and suffering any longer. Yesterday she made the decision to stop all treatment to which her primary care doctor agreed. She's been fighting the cancer battle for more than 3 years and her body just cannot take it any more. She wanted to be placed in a hospice and just made comfortable until her time comes. She is at peace with her decision. They removed the tube yesterday and moved her to a very beautiful hospice facility last night. I don't know how much time she has left but am glad that the suffering and pain has stopped and she will go in peace. She is afraid of dying alone so my sisters and Dad are all here for her. Please continue to pray for her, that she have a very peaceful transition when her life on earth ends. Thank you in advance for all of your prayers. You all are the best!