View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:01 AM
suziehammond

Originally Posted by Jean S View Post
Hello,
but I'm not sure if the blocks, black border, and the multi-colored outer border play well together. All is laid out but not sewn together. Now is the time for me to change my mind about the borders.
I do mostly art quilts at this stage and so like things I can put on the wall or climb under. And I am assuming that you really do want suggestions for possible changes.

I would play with the black borders a bit. I think that black dominates. I would want my doggies to be the major focus. So as suggested by others try much smaller strips OR I think smaller strips and playing with softer colors might be a good idea. That soft cherry color would be good I bet, or a mid/dark blue. A soft grey blue that compliments your outer border perhaps? And I also agree with the comment that the outer border needs to be split. Do you know the technique of placing a folded pressed piece of fabric between two other pieces of fabric? That makes a great knife edged small, or large, line in your border. Press it to one side. Make a little sample of that and lay it down there and see if you like it.

Also yes those bigger pinwheels are a distraction. How about just a smaller triangle in one of the border colors or from one of the interior blocks? I personally think it needs some play time yet to make it the stunner it can be !!

Good luck and let's see the final results.