Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 AM
tron80

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Hola Marta...

Guess what...I just got a Centennial FW too! It arrived today and I'm so excited! I didn't know it was a Centennial when I bought it, so that was a nice surprise. It's a 1951 and it has the same, striated plate like yours, not the scrolled one. You definitely got a fabulous deal on yours. Mine is beautiful except for one serious flaw. It appears that it may have been in a flood and the paint is peeling away from the lower edge of the base. I'll post pix when I can. I paid almost exactly the same price as you did, about $161 and I didn't get a case, or accessories with it, so I really think that you made out! Yeah!

I'm going to hop over to Skip/Glenn's thread about redoing the painted surface on sewing machines. I think that I can fix mine to look pretty good with some advice and patience. Good luck with your new treasure!

~Cindy
What a wonderful news! Congrats, Cindy. Now we are the proud owners of a Centennial FW.
I'm very interested in follow any advice about restoration, clean and service of the FW, because mine has flaws too, the Singer Manufac... back decal is barely visible and the paint has some damage and heavy scratchs I think they were due because the tension conversor (125 to 220 V) rested beside the machine unprotected. .

Cindy we'll take care of ours "babies" beautifully!!!