Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by nellie View Post
thank you Emma. my nurse gave the good head on sewing just for a few mins per hour, I,am so happy to be home ,the hospital staff were so kind and helpful and understanding god bless them ,I only problem I had was my room mate en older lady who had her family right there all the time day and nite , I felt so uncomfortable with her family in the room I,m talking about 8 0r more persons with this lady some where her sons,which is why I felt uncomfortable each time I needed to use the rest room ,and another bad thing was the food oh man that was awful good for a person who wants to lose weight ,I,m so happy to be home and watching everyones beautiful quilt tops keep up the good work ladys and gents
Nellie, I'm so sorry to hear what a rough time you've had, but glad that you are back home now. I really find it so unfair when someone else's situation/family have an impact on the other person in the room. What about your privacy? I nurse friend of mine had a situation recently where a very ill patient had MANY family members by his side and they were understandably very upset at his critical condition and were very verbal about it. That was upsetting the elderly patient in the next bed, but nothing was done about it until that patient's family complained. We really have to advocate for ourselves and family. I don't know what the best answer is, but the other patient's needs have to be considered as well. Anyway, glad you're on the road to recovery.