View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Sunflowerzz

Default My first Bonnet Fiddle base Treadle

My husband and I drove to Redding yesterday to look at a Bonnet Fiddle base Treadle. It was lovely. She needs some work cosmetically and some attention to the wood but over all very nice. I have great provenance with her and she was a steal at $60.00. I did a little research and found out she is a variation on the painted roses decal theme. She has roses, daisies and bluebells or bluebonnets. I fell in love with the little blue flowers and daisies.

Because her daisies look like Shasta daisies and we bought her in Shasta county and you can see beautiful MT. Shasta off in the distance I have named her Shasta. We bundled her up carefully for her ride home in the back of the truck and she now resides in the living room.

Thanks to Anastasia for the jump start. You knew I would fall for her once I saw her didn't you??!!

What is the little doohickey next to the wood dowel in the last pic? One is missing on the table top. Also I can't see anyway to keep the fold up leaf on the left raised up. It looks like a middle hinge or something might be missing.
Attached Thumbnails img_5366.jpg   img_5367.jpg   img_5368.jpg   img_5369.jpg   img_5376.jpg  

img_5372.jpg   img_5377.jpg  

Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 02-13-2014 at 09:40 PM.