View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 02:55 AM
1rottendog

Default Quality Control Issues -- Help?

For those of you out there who make quilts for charity and work as a group, how do you ensure consistency of quality in the quilts you donate? I don't mean "quilt police" re: colors chosen, etc. We are more concerned with even seams, good thread, making as good a quilt as we can with some of the less than top quality fabric donated to us. As a group, do you have a set of guidelines you use, i.e., 1/4" seams, pressing, watching the tension on your bobbin thread, making the quilts a standardized size? And how do you communicate the guidelines or ensure they are met. There are several in our group where anything goes and when it comes time to quilt the quilts (we machine quilt), some are so crooked with seams that range from two threads to 3/4" that we can't donate them. The ladies in our group have their hearts in the right place or they wouldn't be helping out but we need some suggestions as to how to stress that poor quality work reflects on all of us. We put labels on all the quilts we donate. Touchy issue I know and if a PM response is better, please do. Thanks.