View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:42 AM
mpspeedy2

As a person who donates at least 21 Linus quilts a month to our local chapter I believe I am qualified to comment. I also help with the sort and packing up of the quilts that are donated. For the most part the ones we receive are great. We put our name on the tag that is attached to each donation. Some people don't and that is their choice. One of the girls who picks up donations is out of commission for 6 months and I took over her task of picking up the donations from a certain site and getting them to the sorting site. One of the bags of donations I picked up was impossible. It was about 20 placemat size pieces of single fleece fabric that was clipped and self fringed on each end. The problem was not the size although that was questionable but the quality of the fabric. The fleece was so thin that you could almost see through it. With a little pressure I could have poked a hole in it with my finger. The tag that says Linus donation was of better quality fabric and certainly sturdier. I don't believe my cat would even have appreciated it.