Old 02-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Dina

Default Two broken sewing machine needles in one day!

I think I may have set a record, as I just broke my second sewing machine needle today. It has been years since I broke a needle. I did just put a new one in about a month ago, but that was just because I never remember to do that and figured it was probably time.

It has not been a good day for my machine, I fear....it was just one problem after another. My machine normally behaves herself, and she was serviced not that long ago. Every time I had a problem...bird's nest on bottom, thread stuck, etc., I simply rethreaded and put the bobbin back in and all was well. Of course, I am quilting a Bargello sandwich right now, so I did not need any special problems. I just wanted to quilt, not play problem solver.

I am a slow learner, and I JUST NOW decided to stop sewing for the day. I really wanted to be farther along on this quilting, but I should have learned from all you wise people that if things aren't going well, it is time to stop and do something else. I have certainly read that advice often enough here. So, off to read and drink hot tea. May even have a Valentine cupcake!

Dina