Old 02-15-2014, 04:26 AM
Macybaby

it looks a lot like my 3/4 size "Favorite" made by Standard. The easiest way to tell is look at the two holes in the slide plates, the attachment points are unique among MFG, and the Free/New Home used something similar in newer machines, it's not exactly the same as what Standard had.

Here is Standard's bed attachment points. The front has a round end.

and it's the same even for the early Rotary machines. On a side note, there is a Domestic named machine that is made with the later Standard Rotary model, it has a larger needle plate, but the same attachment points and is basically a Standard machine. I could be that Domestic contracted with Standard to make the machines and put thier name on them. They look nothing like the later Domestic Rotary machines. Hmmm - since Domestic had the contract with Sears - maybe yours is another "Standard made for Domestic" machine. . .

And Free/New Home. BTW - New Homes before the merge with Free have a different attachment setup.

I set out to collect one of each attachment type for my collection, so I don't have a wide range of random machines, I have very specific examples.

Last edited by Macybaby; 02-15-2014 at 04:28 AM.