View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Skratchie

Personally, I wouldn't put my phone number on a website. It just opens yourself up to all sorts of calls you don't want to deal with - I promise you, little good will come out of posting your home number on a website. I do agree with setting up an email address for people to contact you instead of using a form, though you COULD do both.

I would put the price you actually received on your quilts as the "sold for" price. Also, please be sure to very clearly state how big the quilt was and the use. I have found that some people cannot envision that a 58" square quilt is not big enough for a bed. I always tell people, "This quilt is about 58" square, which makes a really nice throw quilt you can use for cuddling while watching tv, or even at the foot of your bed." Most people I have dealt with don't really have a sense for size. Being really specific eliminates the possibility of misunderstandings.

Good luck!

ETA: I would not put my phone number on a website, but if you email a person once or twice and feel they are serious about their inquiry, you can certainly arrange phone contact, either by you calling them, or letting them call you. But my experience of putting my phone number on a website was that I saw a dramatic increase in spam calls, and more than a few crazies who wanted to call and harass me. I would be VERY selective about who I give my number to; you just never know these days. Oh, and remember, someone can use your phone number to find your home address. That would be very VERY bad.

Last edited by Skratchie; 02-15-2014 at 08:02 AM.