Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 AM
Sneed

I made her "Morning Glory" several years ago. It was the very first paper piecing technique that I had ever even seen. She was at Hancock's of Paducah during the AQS show that year, probably five years ago. I was totally fascinated by the whole process and bought a couple of her patterns. It was a struggle, but is definitely doable. I just looked back at the pattern to see what notes I had scribbled on it, and if she still isn't doing the conversion from metric I went through the whole pattern and did that before beginning...1inch=2.54cm Many times these patterns tell you to cut out and bag everything before starting. I never do as IF you make an error, or IF when you stitch it together you decide it would look better with Fabric 1 and Fabric 2 switched and have chopped everything up you could be an unhappy stitcher. A friend entered it into a smaller local show as I didn't have the courage to do so, and it turned out to be my first blue ribbon...actually, my first ribbon. So, read carefully, trim very carefully, and follow the steps to a "t" until it all becomes second nature for you. I have since done a few more paper piecing and pressing after each seam with one of those handy little clover irons by your side is a great thing to do. Another thing, I like to use a finer thread than usual. At least a 50wt/2ply. I haven't looked at your particular pattern, but if it is not going to be a bed quilt and the piecing is quite small you could go to even an 80wt. The less bulk, the better. Hope some of this helps. Good luck, you can do it!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462475[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1030727.jpg