View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:29 AM
judith ann

We have the roll up bamboo window shades. We got them at Lowe's on sale. They work really well to keep out too much sun but let in good light. One of the most enjoyable times is cleaning the room everything smells so good.
As soon as the weather permits we eat out there. That time is not hear yet. It is snowing again today.

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
I have a Florida room that is screened all the way around. It will become my new sewing room soon. It is climate controlled. I just need to come up with some sort of window treatment to block just a bit of all the lovely light. I want most of it. But it's just a bit too bright to see the TV during the day. This is a before picture. I started to transform the room right before I had to be back in KY for work. So, sorry about the mess. I hope to have a pleasant room update in a few weeks.

In a heartbeat I would do this room all over again. We converted a deck to a more useable room. The windows are all screened and can with stand hurricane winds. It is climate controlled for summer and what stands for winter in Florida. The only problem we had is, it, out priced our house for the neighborhood. But, that's okay. We don't plan to move or sell it. (hopefully ever)

I think that you could probably use your screen room to sew in as long as the weather is nice and you are comfortable and happy there. And it meets your needs.