View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 06:35 PM
quiltjoey

Default "Every quilt has a story..."

I finished piecing this top today. I started the needle turn applique of the flowers in 1968! Yikes! I started it in Germany when my husband was stationed in the Air Force. My children were very small and found little to do but play with them. I purchased a roll of Mountain Mist poly for stuffing toys I made for the children. Inside the wrapper (paper) there was a quilt pattern for "Rose Trellis". Not having a clue how to make a quilt but did know how to embroidery, so started cutting the blocks, flowers, petals out by hand over a period of time. I packed it away when were to return Stateside and left it in the trunk for years! Found it about 2 years ago and started trying to finish the needle turn applique blocks. Then because of the length of time, it was difficult to find any material to match the flowers. I bought several different materials until I found the small flowered green print that has a matching pinks that I thought goes ok with it. One piece of the green print was of a different dye lot and put it at the bottom and will use it also as the backing.
I finished the last block several months ago and just got the sides and foot piece attached today. It measures 89" x 97". Will get the batting for it and take it for long-arming. I'm excited about getting it finally finished because it is so special to me. It has traveled my life with me, you could say... Hope you like it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]462598[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails rose-trellis.jpg   rosetrellis6.jpg   rosetrellis3.jpg