View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
mpeters1200

So many of you have helped give me a little push with this quilt.

Little background....

I saw this quilt using Northcott fabrics in a McCall's quilting magazine. The name of the pattern is "Healing Hands". Okay, I think I added all the legal copyright stuff to make sure everyone knows it's not my pattern and I'm not getting paid or anything to make it.

It was advertised for lack of a better word as a "cancer" quilt to be made with Northcott's cancer fabric line.

A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer in May. I had already planned on making the quilt, but for a different reason, for someone else. She has 3 small boys and is in charge of the children's ministry at her church. She just means everything to so many people in her life. I'm proud to tell you that my friend is healed and is now cancer free after chemo and radiation.

My mother in law helped me pick out the fabrics that I used for the pieced area. Then she suddenly died and I was at a quilter's crossroad. One morning in chat, the girls in there broke through my quilter's block and I've been working on it ever since.

Proud to tell you after piecing and stretching and adding and piecing some more, after piecing the backing and appliqueing the top it is F*******!!! I can't wait until it's presented!!!

FYI, the pic is small I know, but I cannot figure out how to enlarge it. I'm hoping as you look at it, you can magnify it so you can see all the work on the top!