Thread: Zelda's Hope
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Elfi2

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
4th page of what?

4th page of the list of threads posted to Main?
4th page of the comments posted to your thread?

threads move up and down on the lists in the regular view of each section as new comments are added.
to see the list of threads in a section that is always in chronological order (newest at the top), use the Archive link at the bottom of each page.

the page number of a particular comment within a thread might be different for individual members.
i have mine set to the maximum number of 40 comments per page.
a person whose view is set to a lower number might see something on my page 1 as being on their page 2 or 3 or so on.
[Settings | General Settings | scroll down to see and/or change your posts-per-page setting]

you didn't say which section/forum you were in when you created the thread.
unless you posted it to one other than Main (where it is right now), it was not moved.
if it had been moved, then - yes - the system would have sent you a notice, which includes a link to the new location.

finally ... if you are relying on the link lists found under the Digest links, you will never see anything listed that was created that day. those lists are generated automatically, once each day, by the system. they are not updated as threads are added, updated with new comments, moved, or deleted.

the Archive lists, the "What's New" list, and the specific section contents lists [starting point is the QB home page] are updated constantly, so are much more useful and reliable.
Sorry, this is all a bit "high" for me.... I first started posting an unfinished quilt with the title "Suggestion for border and binding" on the "picture" section, you sent me a note saying you moved it to the "main" section, which is OK with me. Now today I posted the picture of the finished quilt under the "picture section" with the title "Zelda's Hope" with the details of how I made it and not 1/2 hour later it had disappeared from the picture section!!! Later, after someone mentioned it, I found my new post again on the 3rd page (sorry it wasn't the 4th) of my previously posted "suggestion for border and binding" still in the main section....and I surely didn't put it there. So what happened....???? It would be nice if you could clarify the reason so I'll know next time. Thanks a lot.