Thread: Lone Star Quilt
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 03:45 PM
KathyC9511

Default Lone Star Quilt

Our family doctor is retiring at the end of this week. He has taken care of 3 generations of my family. Last Wednesday his office staff gave him a retirement reception.

I have known about his impending retirement for about 8 months. I knew I had to make a special quilt for him. He helped me through a very hard time in my life. My father lost his battle with lung cancer at the age of 87 in November of 2011. Dr. H was my fathers family doctor also. Over the last 6 months of my fathers life, I turned to Dr. H for support. He was so wonderful to my family during this time. Although he was not my fathers caregiving doctor over the last months of his life, he made phone calls to us on a regular basis. I do not think I could have made it over the last few weeks without his support.

I decided to make him a Lone Star quilt because to our family he was a lone star to us. Needless to say, he was so surprise and teared up when he hopes his gift.

I wanted to share it with all of you. I did extensive free motion quilting on my Handi Quilter 16. I was really happy with how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg