View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 04:02 AM
allie1448

I do rent out time on my HQ Avante but inly after the quilter has taken a two hour lesson on how to use it and how to operate safely and with care. I am around the entire time as the machine is in my home. We have a business licence and follow all local requirements for safety and business operation. Having said that I am now winding down the amount of rental hours. It consumes all of my time while the quilter is in my home, I have to pencil in a whole day as it is difficult to tell how long it willtake to quilt a quilt with the many factors involved. I have also had the problem of quilters taking my lesson because they then want to buy their own machine and as I have no affiliation with any longarm companies I lose out as I was initially depending on those taking a lesson coming bavk to rent time. i am now taking in more quilts from quilters who want me to do the work an that is a better more controlable option. But I have loved being able to see quilters complete their projects and to know how easy it can be. Just my thoughts and opinions so good luck whatever you decide