Thread: Frozen in Limbo
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Dina

Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
I have already pressed the seams the way the pattern describes. But this isn't a bad idea. I guess I could unrpress the seams and more or less start over using my Bernina 880 with the differential feed I wouldn't need pins and it shouldn't take that long to redo everything. I would feel more confident with the quality of the 1/4" all the same. I have had it with this scant 1/4" business. If it says 1/4" seam I'm stitching a 1/4" seam. If the project turns out a hair smaller So What!!!
Exactly, if it turns out a hair smaller, so what! You have got it exactly. And if you are worrying about the block being square, just cut it square, block by block. If it ends up looking a bit different than the pattern, so what. YOur grandson will not notice, and no one else will either. We are our worse critics. Everyone else thinks what we do is amazing, and all we see are the mistakes.

What is the name of the pattern, if you can't get a picture on here. That will help us help you. We can help, even from afar.

Dina