View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 AM
AnnEliz

I really think they are over priced, but the going rate seems to be around $300 and up for a nice one. You have to be so careful. Dealers are buying them up and making a fortune. Ask around. Some people you know may just have one in their attic. I have two and bought one at an antique shop for $315. No attachments came with it and I just have one pressure foot, but it works very well. I didn't know what to look for when I bought it and there is a coffee cup mark on it, and you can tell it was stored in a hot area because the paint had gotten soft at one time. The second one is a very very old one and I paid $400 for it from a friend who I didn't want to take advantage of. I know now that it is worth more at the going rate that I see on various sites. It's just a shame they aren't more affordable. I'd like to collect them, but since so many quilters want them now, I would hate to do that. I counted one guy had 22 to sell on the internet. They were repaired, etc. and supposed to be in excellent condition. I'm so happy with my two. Good luck finding one.