Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM
retiredteacher09

Wow! As always, I'm impressed with the projects being worked on and the progress made over the weekend.

I got sidetracked on a project with family pictures so I didn't get my goals accomplished. I am, however, ready for the next clue for Judy's Mystery train. While looking through some of my nicely organized cut squares(in labeled boxes/bins even), I got disgusted with orphan blocks falling off of the shelf by these bins so I made the following charity top. 2 of the 10 minute blocks were leftovers from a quilt that my niece made a while back. I had a few strip blocks done also. I decided to add a few more of the 10 minute blocks which was a new experience for me. So I used quite a few squares from my stash along with the sashing. The 3 middle long strips were also finished and stacked on some shelves.

I really thought I would have an ugly quilt when I was done, but it grew on me as I was doing it. There was lots of unstitching as I was making it up as I went along. Today, my church group sandwiched and tied it. The backing was brought to the front and will be sewn down later. It measured about 70 by 80. It is hanging crooked.

Thanks, Raggiemom!

Connie
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg