View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Girlfriend

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
all those quilts are great and each one really deserves its own topic. I love your use of color and fabric in the diamond quilt, it has a watercolor effect. Reminds me a lot of Kaffee Fassett stuff. So bright and tropical.
The Ginger Rose sampler is gorgeous. Could you elaborate on the quilting please? That feathered wreath in the big block of unpieced fabric is fabulous. Can you elaborate, was that a stencil or how your executed it? I see me using that in the future. It is awesome. I am so impressed you can accomplish quilting of that caliber doing rental time. It is near impossible to get the practice time in to do that when renting. Kudos! You are a natural!
The bubble quilting on the chevron is perfect. I've seen that done a few other places and it always plays nicely with chevrons. Was that done using a circle lord system, templates or is it Computer guided?
Please make sure you post the others once they are quilted. I am eager to see what you do with those.

Thank you for your kind words. The Diamonds quilt is made up of 26 different Kaffe Fasset fabrics, 1/2 yard cuts. We made quite a mess in the quilt shop, LOL. It measures 110 x 129, big enough for my CA King size bed. The Ginger Rose was a BOM, and it is the only quilt I sent out for Long Arm. The gal I use is really a special lady. You can pm me if you are interested in her info. The Chevron quilt is a bubble panto, and is the quilt I learned on. I am hooked! I should have given more information on each quilt. I haven't posted pics lately, so I thought I would do it all on one post, maybe not such a good idea.