Old 02-19-2014, 04:41 PM
moonrise

MOONRISE . . . my friend. . . .the block looks fine; don't worry about the points - NO QUILT POLICE IN THIS SEWING ROOM ! ! ! ! I chose the block because of it's name & b/c I liked the sight of it, & honestly didn't scrutinize the instructions; it was ranked 2 dots on quilter's cache, so I thought it was kinda' easy.

TO EVERYONE: I've read the directions & if you don't like set-in seams or feel that you really don't want to be bothered - use some stitch witchery or steam-a-seam, or whatever makes you feel good to get that seam to lay down & act right. In fact, if I read it correctly, those pesky seams can be folded under and use some steam-a-seam to glue'm down & top stitch. AND, if this block is really not your gig, any block you chose will work fine. As I stated in my packet, half of you have the main fabric and the other has the companion piece. . . so, if you choose not to make the Friday the 13th block, choose a block that feels good to you. This quilt is gonna be snazzy because of all your talents.
Thanks for the reassurance! In the meantime, I'll see if I can come up with another block using the scraps.

Here's Givio's flower basket block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463381[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails block-givio.jpg