View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
Pollytink,
Do you have a pool available locally, say at the Y or a medical facility rehab center?
I would also recommend a site like low carb friends where you will find information and encouragement. There is no charge and there are at least 15 different programs represented there. One of them is South Beach. They can be found here. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon! Ann in TN
Thanks so much, Ann, for your response. Last summer I was going to go to a pool in a rehab center nearby and asked for a PT rx to try it out....that dr. said no til they checked out the condition of my rt. knee replacement. It's a small pool, only 4' deep, but would be something. My knee turned out to be ok but I haven't tried to go to the pool since. I used to go to a center that had a wonderful warm water pool that I could swim in....was very expensive but the deep end was wonderful! I may try again when the weather warms up but the logistics are very hard now....we'll see. And I will definitely check out the site you gave me....sounds like it might be very helpful! Thanks again! Polly