Old 02-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Redsquirrel

Default Featherweight- things to remember when buying

Number 1 - offer a fair price, the worst that could happen is they say no.
Just picked up a really nice 1957 221k with case today for $130. She was asking $200, but I offered $130 "as is" and she accepted. Probably because she couldn't use it due to the bad thread jam that required me to take off the feed dog cover to get at. (it works perfect even the electrical)

Number 2- look for features you want
Its a newer featherweight that came with the graduated feed dog cover plate, so I will be putting it on my 1939 221 and using this one as a back up machine for friends and family. That is $45 in value right there.

Number 3- Make sure its all there
I met the lady in the parking lot at her work. No testing I'm really glad I took it out of the case and check that the bobbin case was in there. Because it wasn't. She was trying to sell the green box of attachments separate (which I didn't buy as I have duplicates anyways) and the bobbin case was in there. I made sure I grabbed it out of there, because getting original Samanco bobbin case is hard and expensive.

Number 4- Be prepared to replace minor things if needed
The only thing I have to replace is the foot bed cushions. Those are already on order from Sew Classic. Cost of $13 with shipping.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463562[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3973.jpg