View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:31 PM
zozee

I say be very honest with yourself. Ask these questions of the real you:

1. Even with good suggestions on here as to HOW to finish, them, do I want to badly enough to buckle down?
2. Does finishing a quilt give me enough satisfaction to motivate me?
3. Does it really matter if the joy is in doing only tops ? Some people like to cook but not bake. Same principle
4. Am I more likely to finish quilt if I'm giving it away?

Like you, I love to start new projects and try new blocks but haven't finished a big one . Being okay with my personality and my skill level, but also wanting to finish to bless someone, I have decided to make lots of doll quilts for my favorite charity. Small, manageable quilts that I can practice new skills on and determine how much I really like or don' t like making certain block=w/o commiting to a huge quilt. Works for me

Originally Posted by SandyG View Post
I love making quilt blocks and binding quilts. My problem is, after the blocks are done, I really dislike adding sashing and sewing the blocks together. I get bored after the rush of doing the blocks, and get really excited about starting a new project. I now have about 12quilts in the finishing stages and can't get motivated to put them together. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to cure this problem?? All suggestions welcome. Thanks.