View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Gretchen

I have the PE 770, I save the files to my "download" folder I have Windows XP on my computer and that was the way the system was set up so it was easy just to go with that... to get to the folder, in the bottom right hand corner I have a "windows" icon or you may have a "start" button.. I left click on that then I get a pop up menu where I select "documents". Upon selecting document I get a list of folders - there is where I find the "download" folder... you can choose which ever is the easiest method for you to save the files.. I don't have any special programs, I go to my on-line store purchase my design and then download it to my computer.

Bizystiches does a great job of explaining how to "unzip" the files... not all files will be zipped, it depends on the size and number of designs purchased.

Once I have the file unzipped I place one of my flash drives into the an open "usb" port... if you closed your "document/download" list you will want to reopen it... if you scroll further down the listing you will see a folder that says computer, click on that you will see a folder's names with alphabets then a description - you should see one with the name of your flash drive (it may say removable something or other) - that where you ultimately want to put your PES designs.

You will want to go to your design.. find the PES version, right click on the file and a pop up screen appear, left click on copy. Now scroll down the list of folders until you find the alpha folder associated to your flash drive... left click on it once so that is highlighted - then right click ... you will get the pop up window again - there you will left click on paste. You should now see your design populated in this folder.... at that point you may remove the flash drive and put it in your machine... from their you click on the "usb" icon, the machine should then pull up the design on the screen. It took me a few times to get this right - when I started I just tried it with one design until I got it figured out but you can use this method to add multiple designs to your flash drive ... hope this helps and if you have any question PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through ...

Gretchen

Last edited by Gretchen; 02-20-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: want to add description