View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 AM
frudemoo

Default Who's got a Borletti?

....because now I have TWO and I need a buddy!

Picking it up tomorrow, but you can see the auction pictures here (scroll down to view the gallery).

The other (electric) Borletti I have is the model 1102 which looks exactly like this one except green.

I shamefacedly admit that I have not even played with the 1102 properly yet. It still awaits cleaning but I know that it stitches and that's about it. What is amazing me is the complete lack of info available online for these machines. Apparently there's a Yahoo group, but I can't get the links to work or pages to load.

These Italian made machines have a great reputation alongside Necchi. I am mostly looking forward to comparing them to my Necchis to check out the differences and note my own preference in terms of design and sewability. It's fascinating to me that I've managed to pick up both a Necchi treadle with almost identical irons and now this original Borletti in Australia. It seems they were most likely brought over from Italy with their original owners. I wish I could meet those owners now!

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone whose got one or knows anything about the model. I'd particularly like to know what the deal is with that red button thing that's bolted to the underside of the harp area. Maybe it's the wine, but I really can't guess.....