Old 02-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Sewnoma

The only fabric I've gotten there and not been thrilled with was a marbled print - one of their blender basics, I think. The marbling is sort of printed on the surface - I used the fabric in a bargello that gets washed about once a month and on the squares with this fabric you can really see the wear on the print around the edges where the seam allowance is behind the fabric. But it hasn't faded or run...just wearing off the marbly sort of printing. That same quilt has some of their solid and some of their batik fabric and those are in great shape. The batiks are black and deep purple and the colors are still very dark and intense despite all the washing. I've bought prints, solids, batiks, flannel, backing and laminated cotton from them - all very good. Their flannel is really thick and heavy - love that stuff.

Their thread is great too - really inexpensive and I notice they've come out with varigated cotton thread now too. I've started using their big polyester cones for piecing...it's a nice fine thread that works great and is WAY less spendy than my favorite piecing thread (Aurifil).

And I LOVE their little purple snip scissors. I buy a pair every time I order something from them. I never run out of situations where I need those little purple scissors handy!