View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 08:46 AM
indysheart

Default newbie quilting question

Ok, newbie quilting question. My closest friend is getting married in July, and I would like to make them a wedding quilt. Very basic, but in their wedding colors. (black, purple and silver) I have no idea how much fabric I will need! They have a queen sized bed, but I would like to make it King size, in case they get a larger bed in the future they can still use it. Very basic pattern, with one large solid square in the center (black), a thin (5 inch wide) silver stripe around that, and then a wider (8-10 inch) stripe of purple around that. The back would like to be one solid purple piece. The stripes could also possibly be two rows of alternating (5in) squares of the silver and purple- what do you think would be better? Anyhoo, I have no idea how much fabric I would need to buy! For fabric types I don’t want satin because that is hard to wash- so probably a mid- weight soft fabric.

would I just take the dimmensions of a king bed and go from there? (it is friday and my brain is fried so this is probabbly a really simple duh answer. :-) )