Old 02-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
Get a Vintage Singer Featherweight and you'll never have to replace again. They take a lickin' and keep on tickin' as the Timex commercial used to say. Their stitch is the best you will ever find for piecing. They only weigh 11 lbs. The Singer 222 is a free arm version.
I have looked at Featherweights - they are adorable machines and I hear over and over how durable they are. BUT...I really would like a machine that can share bobbins and at least some of the feet I have for my Janome 6600 (which I love), so that's why I'm leaning towards another Janome. The machine I'm replacing (the little Brother) could share the more generic feet but not bobbins and that always drove me a little nuts.

I kind of want a Featherweight ANYWAY, if for no other reason than because they're works of art and I like the sense of history that antique machines have. But I think, for me, another small Janome with modern functions is a little more practical and I'd probably get more use out of it. I'm just not sure if this one, with the 'light serger" function is the right one.

Hm. Sounds like nobody here has one yet. Maybe it's really new? The reviews do sound pretty good. Sheesh, I don't know...hopefully the dealer will have one that I can play with!