Thread: Christmas 2014?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 06:30 AM
Skratchie

Default Christmas 2014?

Have you started making gifts yet for Christmas this year? I'm starting to make up my list of things to be made.

My daughter got married in September last year, after only three weeks' warning (her husband was joining the Army and they didn't want to have to wait for her to move with him once he's stationed), and I told her I'd make them a quilt for Christmas this year. And then, she got pregnant before he left, and the baby will be just shy of six months old at the holiday, so I've decided to make some soft blocks and some panel books if I can find the material for them.

A couple of years ago, I made my dad a quilt for Christmas, so now it's my mom's turn. I haven't made any decisions about colors or patterns but she's getting a quilt this year, one way or another!

I've also considered making small ornaments for my extended family - brother, his wife and all four kids; my sister and her husband and their two girls; my in-laws.

My mother-in-law was married last year so I'm thinking about doing some placemats and napkins for her new home. My husband's grandmother may be receiving a couple of embroidered towel sets.

Do you have a list yet? If you do, what kind of gifts are you going to be making? Very little of my list is set in stone yet, so if someone has some good ideas, I might be making some changes.