View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 AM
sassysews2

Default need (want) another machine

I read on Leah Day forum not to expect to both piece and fmq successfully on the same machine. I bought a Bernina 180 expecting to be able to piece on it, (it fmq's very well, haven't used the embroidery unit) but due to the wide feed's it tends to twist & does not sew a good 1/4" seam. I've tried several methods of marking the seam, tape, 1/4" foot, magnetic do dad, sticky pad, moving needle etc. Everything I could think of or read about. Nothing works. (I have a 221 Featherweight for piecing but can't fmq on it). I don't want to invest a lot, have a Janome 6600P but it's too heavy to move to the family room where I sew in the winter. The Janome has spoiled me but I want a machine that is good and solid but not too heavy to move, has needle threader, start & stop, basically one I can fmq or piece. I HATE to keep switching machines, don't have enough room to set up 2 at the same time. I'd like to sell or trade the 180 but live a long way to the nearest shop that takes trade in's. Same thing for selling, live in rural area but no need to keep a machine I can't use or don't like but cost too much to give away. Any suggestions or recommendations??