View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM
apronlady

Hi Rose,

Just reread your post and I'm in the same boat with eliminating sugar and processed foods. I've "dieted" my whole life and sick of it all, and now it's more of a choice to eat well to stay well. I am no longer obese and don't fret about putting on a bathing suit. I'm not a size 2 either. No more diets, and there's such a peace about that way of living...no charting or counting of calories or points...just eating quality whole foods. It can be challenging, but you stockpile some good recipes, and it's easier. I'm not fanatical either (ice cream has its way with me, so I try not to keep it in the house.) I made your recipe with the homemade ranch dressing mix, and it was love at first sight! I've cranked it out twice already. Another good tip would be to not use canned tomatoes. Canning with BPA and the acid from tomatoes is a lethal mix. I use Pomi tomatoes in the boxes now (buying them on sale, of course!) Just wanted to share my 2 cents' worth and to THANK YOU for an awesome addition to my recipe file!