Old 02-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by pegquilter8 View Post
LOVE my Janome. Had 6600 upgraded to 8900 Wow Great days sewing. Had Jem 720 but was spoiled by cutter on 6600-----So I upgraded to 3160 An upscale version of the Jem.
Can not say enough good things about my Janomes.
The 3160 is my new front-runner right now. It's more than I wanted to spend, but I really want that thread cutter! I'm crossing my fingers for a used one at the dealer, but I'll be really lucky if that happens!

Originally Posted by luvrazz View Post
I also have the brothers CS6000i and the janome 6600 and the bobbins are interchangeable... I use prewound bobbins that I purchased from Shoppers Rule... You can also use any snap in feet on both machines... Love them both,...
My 6600 is apparently very picky with bobbins - it would NOT work with my CS6000i bobbins. Janome brand work fine, anything else and I get intermittent bobbin jams. Even if I wound the Brother bobbins on my Janome...still would jam. Frustrating since they look nearly identical!

I couldn't NOT give those kids a machine though. Which of you could have resisted? LOL I figured my niece would be into sewing, she's a crafty girl. I was pleasantly surprised that my nephew took to it with so much enthusiasm, though. I made him the "sewing machine fixer" and made sure he could fully thread the machine, clear a jam, and change the needle. He picked it right up! I didn't get into rotary cutters, though. I figured scissors were good enough for now - they don't need to be shortening their fingers!