Thread: Christmas 2014?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Anne P

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Next Christmas? I'm still working on LAST Christmas!
So glad I'm not the only one still working on Christmas 2013! I made a top and started quilting a throw for my MIL from Dad's old shirts (He died in 2011 and she finally gave his shirts last summer). Since they were avid square dancers for many, many years, I made a pattern called "Swing Your Partner" from her book Scraps and Shirttales. Didn't get the quilting finished so need to do that before starting on 2014 work. I'm ending up taking out all the quilting I"d done (about half) because it was just puckering and poofing (sp? real word? waaay too much).

I had planned to do a scrappy back with the leftover shirt pieces, but decided to do a one-piece back from wide fabric. Now, instead of that, I'm going to make a throw from those leftover pieces for my DH! I'll have to augment with some airplane fabrics which I've already bought (including the backing). However, because I want it to be a surprise, I'll have to work on it only when he's in bed (He's an early bird so goes to bed a couple of hours before I do). I'm going to do a Sawtooth Star block for his because he's a woodworker and intersperse the airplane fabric squares throughout.

So far that's all I'm planning for Christmas, although I, like everyone else, have several others IMH projects planned!

Good luck Everyone!