View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Macybaby

Default More neat attachmenst - Standard

This is true - while I've often bought a set of "junk" to get one or two attachments - this time the "junk" turned out to be the neat part!

I have a Standard Rotary machine with the chain stitch adapter. I actually ended up with the Chain Stitch spider first, and then just had to find a machine to use it on. A week ago I found a manual for it online, and purchased it. I have an older one but it has no information about chain stitching. So when I saw this one I jumped on it.

It says "2 in 1" and shows the regular bobbin case along with the chain stitch spider.

And more info. . .

It's got the directions for a set of Toof attachments, which I already own the basic set (or three . . .) In the back it shows two optional attachments which I'd never seen before. So another thing to keep the lookout for.

A few days after "winning" the manual, I found a set of Toof attachments in a nice box - pictures were bad, everything piled up in the middle. The price was low, no one bidding - and I wanted the box. I was the only bidder on this one.

Today the box showed up in the mail, I opened it and started putting the feet where the belonged, and was hoping I'd find the missing binder foot - and I moved the tucker and ruffler - and my eyes got really big!!!!

This is what I pulled out from under them . . .

And underneath that was this one!

Not quite the same as the etching foot in the manual, but still a nice hopping foot for the Standard machine.

The embroidery unit is taking a bath as it's gummed up and not moving yet.

I was starting to feel like I was getting a handle on my SMAD - and then I get this and now I'm all ready to be back on online enlarging pictures and searching for the hidden treasures!

Last edited by Macybaby; 02-24-2014 at 12:55 PM.