View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 PM
JudyTheSewer

I usually don't put the freezer paper through my printer. When I need multiple copies (which is most times), I print the pattern on a normal copy paper sheet and then place that on top of a stack of freezer paper sheets (6 or so freezer paper sheets). I staple, pin, sew, or heat set the papers together to make them stable. Then, using an old needle in a threadless sewing machine I perforate the freezer paper by "sewing" on each of the lines. Once all lines are done I trim on the outside lines using an old rotary cutter. Now, that process makes 6 copies using one printed sheet; that saves on ink. If I need more than 6 copies I just move the pattern to the top of another stack of freezer paper and repeat the process. The copy paper containing the pattern only works about three times before it begins to get so tattered that I use a freshly printed sheet.

The advantage of perforating the freezing paper is that it folds easily at the "lines" which makes it easy to do Judy Mathieson's technique of sewing BESIDE the paper rather than sewing through the paper. This makes taking the freezer paper off of the fabric an easy task.

Both of these techniques are described in tutorials and are easily found by doing a search on the internet. If you would like some site examples, please let me know.