Old 02-24-2014, 07:57 PM
GingerK

Okay, I'll bite (yeah really bad pun) I will make marinated oven roasted chicken.

The ingredients are skinless boneless chicken breasts, no fat plain yoghurt, spices of your choice (this can be as simple as mixed herbs or poultry seasoning, or as complex as curry or jerk spice mix--my personal favourite. Do not worry that the spices will be too hot because the yoghurt really mellows everything. Choose breasts that are not too big and of uniform size. If all you have are giganticos, cut them in half at an angle so that you preserve the chicken breast shape. Mix your marinade in either a glass or plastic bowl (with a lid is best) or in a resealable plastic bag. Don't be afraid of tossing in some extra garlic, onion, pepper or chilies, but stay away from any type of salt. Throw in the chicken and make sure it is well coated. Now put that container in the fridge and forget about it for up to 24 hours--except for shaking it up once and a while.

About an hour before you are ready to put the chicken in the oven, pour bread crumbs in a bowl. Shake the excess marinade from each piece of chicken before rolling in the crumbs. Place on a lightly greased pan leaving a bit of space between each piece. Let rest for about 1/2 hour at room temp. Then bake approximately 45 minutes at 325 degrees. If you do end up with those gigantico breasts and have not cut them up, you may want to lightly cover the pan for the first half hour and bake 15-30 minutes longer.

I usually serve this with a sweet potato casserole and veggies--steamed broccoli, or green and yellow string beans or baby peas and heirloom carrots.