View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Stitch124

I have a wonderful friend here on the QB that challenged me to make a quilt to put into a show. No pressure to be chosen, but just the process of applying and then sewing and quilting a quilt for the special purpose to enter into a competition show. I know my quilt would never be accepted, but that doesn't stop me.

Now something about me is that I've NEVER challenged my self to do anything like this for fear of failure.....or embarrassment. I'm fine with doing just good enough for me.....and that is ok.....but I would like to improve my skill set....never too old to learn new things especially about something I've loved to do all my life!

I've learned so much more than I ever thought. From fabric and color value choices, piecing correctly, batting types, sandwiching methods, best quilting methods, practicing FMQ, which thread/colors to use, which needle size to use, tension issues/how to correct, walking foot or not, how to square and block correctly to avoid wonky hannging quilts, best looking binding methods, how to photograph a quilt for a show application....I've learned little idiosyncracies about my machine...but most of all I've ENJOYED the process.

Never doubt your abilities if you want to do something, all you have to do is take the first step and decide you want to learn. You will gain so much from the experience .... and nobody can take it away from you.....and you have a beautiful quilt and experience to share and show to the world.

Last edited by Stitch124; 02-25-2014 at 09:48 AM.