View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Rodney

I think the highest I've seen so far is around $200, maybe $250. Anything over $150 is at the high end of the range to me. I've seen them as low as $50 too. Black ones seem to go higher than the beige, I haven't seen that many oyster ones yet, maybe they can go higher. They go for less than the featherweights but are still popular enough to bring more money than your average machine.

There are currently 4 on shopgoodwill at the moment, the 2 black ones stand to break the $200 mark. I checked a few completed listings on Ebay, I saw a black one at $250 and a couple of oyster ones with accessories that went for good money, one at $275 and one at $300. I also saw a bunch that finished significantly lower than that.

The one we're talking about still appears to me to be at the high end of the range. If you don't want one "right now" it's pretty easy to get a better price on one.

I was partially right but I was wrong too. The black ones and oyster ones do tend to go a little higher than I thought. I said around $250 max but there are enough examples higher than that to prove me wrong. Way to rub it in, I had to walk away from a black one at $50 a short while ago.

You've been playing with these machines a lot longer than me, what's your expectations on prices Miriam?
Rodney