Old 02-25-2014, 02:45 PM
janRN

Good to hear from everyone. It seems like we've been very productive during this awful winter. Good news--I'm HOPEFULLY back to working only Mondays. Please keep your fingers crossed! Worked yesterday and there were no traumas, dramas, arrests, etc.----just an average work day. I do have 2 funny stories from 2 of yesterdays patients. Mondays we see people that have been to the Emergency Room over the week-end.

Patient #1: She was asleep in her bed flat on her back when a raccoon fell out of her ceiling and landed on her chest. She jumped out of bed and ran straight into the door breaking her nose. She did have the presence of mind to close the door so Animal Control officers were able to go get it to test for rabies. As they were heading to her house she told them there were more up there because she's heard them running around for awhile now.

Patient #2: It's been freezing cold here and his dog pooped on his patio instead of the yard. He decided to get out a golf club and drive the poop off the patio (and probably into his neighbor's yard). As he swung the club, he slipped on the icy patio, the club flew back and broke a window and he fell and broke his wrist. I'm sure there's a moral to this story but I'm not sure what it is.

One of these days I'm going to write a book! Have a good evening, ladies.