View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Macybaby

Default Another little lady - White Peerless

When I first saw pictures of this, I really liked it even though she's in need of a new paint job. Thought it was odd that she had "electric" on the arm and all - for her style.

After getting her home and giving her a good looking over, it's obvious this is a repaint. She's refereed to as "Peerless- later style" and I expect was made in the 1880-1890 range. (based on serial number and style) Would have originally been a hand crank which was removed to put on the motor. The machine does have parts of a dealer sticker on the pillar, mostly worn off.

Here you can see that the decals used weren't for a 3/4 size machine.

The case is not factory made - yet is nicely done. Based on the case construction and materials, DH and I estimate this was done in the 40-50's. Which is the time frame a lot of 50 year old machines got refurbished and sent out.

This is the flywheel - has a little key that you lift to disengage the machine from the wheel. Pretty neat.

And if you are wondering, she takes the standard White shuttle with the pin in the middle.

This one is a good candidate for another repaint. I was thinking of getting a set of Red Eye decals (though I wouldn't use the Singer name) and turning her into a REW.

And for those of you not familiar with rabbits - that stands for "Red Eyed White"